How do I become a member?
- Sign up here to get access to locally-sourced food: https://saltandsoil.localfoodmarketplace.com/Account/Register For the first year, we are waving all membership fees for members so they can try out our services.
How do I become a vendor?
- Sign up here to share your harvest, catch or gathered goods with a community of Southeast consumers: https://saltandsoil.localfoodmarketplace.com/Account/Register For the first year, we are waving all membership fees for vendors so they can try out our services.
How much do I need to produce to become or be considered a vendor?
- Even if you just have one-time bumper crop of rhubarb or cabbages or oysters (for example) to sell, we welcome vendors of every size to participate.
How much does it cost to become a member or vendor?
- $40 is the cost of the annual fee for members and vendors, valid from the first day of purchase. The membership fee will be waived for all members and vendors during the 2017 initial pilot year.
Why will Salt & Soil Marketplace be charging a $40 membership fee in future years?
- The $40 annual fee will go to support logistical efforts, and outreach to build a larger network.
How long is the Salt & Soil Marketplace season?
- We will be open annually from May to October. For this initial year (2017) our final market will open September 29th with our final distribution October 5th.
When and where do I pick up what I’ve ordered?
- In Juneau, pick-ups are from 4:30-6:30pm on Thursdays at Hooked Seafoods, 2315 Industrial Blvd. Delivery is also a option during those same hours for a $10 fee.
- In Haines, pick-ups are from 10:00-11:00am on Saturdays at the Haines Farmers Market, Southeast Alaska State Fairgrounds, 296 Fair Drive. Pick-ups are also on Mondays from 3:00pm to 5:00pm at the Takshanuk Watershed office, 425 Sawmill Rd.
What if I can’t make it to pick up my weekly order?
- Please try to make alternative arrangements for your pick-up. If you live in Juneau you can pay $10 for delivery and have your order delivered (please leave a cooler out if you will not be home). Any food not picked up at the specified time and day will be donated to charities in Juneau and Haines.
What if I need to make changes to my order?
- Customers can make changes to their order at any point when the shopping period is open.
Can vendors sell to both Haines and Juneau customers?
- Yes. You can offer products at one or the other location as you are available – i.e. you don’t have to provide products to both locations all of the time if you choose to try this out. We are encouraging all of our vendors to reach out to us if they need help with figuring out logistics.